– Photos by Bobbie Toner
Early Monday afternoon Somerville Fire Department responded to a garage fire at 20-22 Jay St. The first alarm for the fire at 20 Jay St. was sounded at 1:32 p.m. and the working fire was sounded at 1:37. The fire was contained to the unattached garage and vehicle inside. Radiant heat caused the siding to melt on 24 Jay street, also causing some minor charring on 20 Jay St.
The cause appears to be from combustibles stored to close to a wood burning stove. The all out was declared at 2:24 p.m.