Automobile crashes into Somerville UPS store

On March 20, 2013, in Latest News, by The Somerville Times

crash_3_20_13By William Tauro

On Wednesday afternoon, at about 3:00 p.m., a motor vehicle crashed into a building located at 519 Somerville Ave., the UPS store. No injuries were reported.crash_3_20_13_2

9 Responses to “Automobile crashes into Somerville UPS store”

1. Brian says:

I’m just thankful the Wings are safe. This was almost a real tragedy.

Imagine how much fun that would have been if it was still an Esso station? At least no one was hurt.

3. SomMom says:

Isn’t this the same store that had its opening delayed because a car or truck had crashed through its front windows?

4. In replay to SomMom – it is the very same. It happened on New Years Day 2006 and I had to delay opening.

5. david moro says:

Special delivery this has been happening alot did some one break free from little sisters of the poor or the somerville home lol

6. 617Resident says:

I remember working at this location when it was West Coast Video. I was employed there for approximatley 2 years and seen 2 cars make a drive-thru at the video store.

7. SomMom says:

I wonder if drivers are speeding through the green light at Somerville Ave and not realizing that they’re supposed to turn right or left — the road does not continue straight ahead. (Unless you hit a building, that is.)

Maybe the city should post a really prominent sign there: WARNING, Road Ends.

There are places where I could see one might make a mistake. But not here. It’s either car or human malfunction.

SomMom, great idea, but while they are reading the sign they will probably hit the building again.

9. CambyLady says:

I was driving by as it happened and it look as if the person was trying to park and accidentally pressed the gas rather than the break and they rolled over the parking block into the building. It’s wasn’t at a very high speed. I’m sure if you were in the store it seemed like it though!